Sleep Deprived


Last night was a very rough night.  Alec awoke about 2:00am from having a nightmare where bugs were flying all around him and crawling on him. Needless to say he was up for a long time. I got him to go to sleep around 3:30am after putting him in bed with us, and rubbing his head and telling him over and over again that he was safe and that there was no bugs. Then Hayliegh began to fuss and wake up at 5:45am. I got up out of bed and carried Alec to his bed, waking him just for a moment. She was up for the day, she did lay there but that doesn't matter much when I had to get up for work at 6:15am when Catryn came. While waiting for Catryn this morning about 6:10am Alec came out again crying there was a bug in his room again... he wasnt wanting to go back to bed. I did get him to go back and lay down in my bed next to Chris and he went back to sleep. Catryn got here about 6:20am this morning and was still asleep. Her dad brought her in and put her on the couch for me. Hayliegh was still awake! Her and I layed down on the other end of the couch and I tired to get her to sleep. Nope never did she drift off to slumber land. Alec, and Jayna were up for the day at 7:15am and Chris got up for work. Grace got here for the day at 8am. I got Jayna ready for school, everyone had breakfast, Jayna off to school all before 8:35am this morning. Hayliegh is now napping her first nap of the day (layed down at 9am). I am currently waiting for nap time this afternoon, so that Alec and I can rest and have time together and maybe even sleep some since we both need it..... But we will have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Jen M said...

wow! i'm so sorry you had such a rough night. hopefully you can get in a little nap and maybe even get some more sleep tonight. I know as a mom its not easy when we don't get enough sleep. My 5 year old will wake me up on some nights 2 or 3 times.. she's afraid she'll pee in her bed or has a bad dream. so i can totally relate.

Kim said...

Wow I don't miss those nights!! They still occasionally happen, but not near as much. Now, if I'm sleep deprived, it's usually my own fault. I hope you're able to get some rest today!!

Gale said...

Sara, you won the Sleep Deprived Parent Button. Please e-mail me at ecarian@yahoo.com and I'll mail it right out to you.

Oh, and by the way, I love your new blog design! Very cute!

Unknown said...

GROSS! It sounds like one of those days where you count the minutes until nap time! Hope you had some better nights after that!

I found you over at MMB and subscribed!

Design by Blogger Templates | Blogger Blog Templates